1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Titanic: PNS Literacy

Discussion in 'Primary' started by 20336870, Jul 16, 2011.

1. 20336870

20336870 New commenter

Hi everyone!

Could really do with some help!

I'm teaching a year 5 class and we are doing Titanic as our Autumn Term theme. I have lots of ideas about the History/Geography/Art/Science links but I am stuck when thinking of how I can link the PNS Literacy units.

Poetry I am probably going to have to done discrete in September before we have learnt much about the topic anyway.

Non-Fiction is easy as I can either do reports or persuasion (should the Titanic have had more life boats?....)

But I am stuck on Narrative, I was thinking of doing film narrative and then linking that in with the Titanic film at the end of the unit (but cutting out the rudey bits!) Or can anyone think of how I could link in any of the other Narrative units?

Thanks!

Jess

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I wouldn't worry too much about PNS as it's considered redundant since the new govt took over. It's still the National Curriculum that you have to stick to.

3. A Night to Remember is a better film to watch than Titanic. It's available on Youtube too. Much more realistic and no naughty bits to have to miss out.