1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

tired by tea-time?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by jonowen, Mar 7, 2012.

1. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Thank you girls! Recently I asked on here for advice re part-time working and I'm definitely going to consider it very soon but now is not a good time for making such a big decision.
    Mrs. Mo - I must admit to doing very little at home apart from any practical stuff (like piano practice for exam accompaniments). I did a uni course in 2009-2011 so maybe that is catching up with me now too.
    Belle - hormones with me too sadly.

2. Ah Joni - me too! Not yet 50 ( not far off tho) and have been waking at 5am every morning for the last couple of years. A good day is one where I don't feel tired and can actually stay awake past 9pm! Woohoo!
    The only time I stay up later than this is if there is alcohol involved and we all know what a knock on effect that can have....[​IMG]

3. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Mr. Jo wonders why I fall asleep by 9pm every Friday night after an hour's hoovering, then a later meal and the celebratery vino or 2 !! [​IMG]

4. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

I wake on and off from about 4 and finally give in and get up about 5.30 - at least it's peaceful then. I'm usually in school by 7.50 ish and then home anytime between 5 and 6. I do work in the evening but if it's been a full day with no frees I am usually comatose by 9. I'm 56 and feeling tired just seems to have become a way of life.

5. OMG Your workload is unbelievable. Get a cleaner,go part time do something.