1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tips to a worry free interview!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by vamkam, Jan 23, 2011.

1. I have an interview for ITT secondary this week and I am already losing sleep. Is anyone else feeling this way? Just preparing for the presentation is making me feel slightly queazy! Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to help me relax and get through this?

I am a mature student who has spent the last four and a half years working and studying towards this, and I think that the realisation that its nearly here is just dawning!

2. I was going through this last week, I had my interview for Devon Primary SCITT on the 18th and did not get any sleep on Monday night at all.
    My tip is actually pretty straight forward;
    Relax and enjoy the experience - the whole thing was nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be, the people interviewing were fantastic at putting us at ease; which meant they got to see the real me, which is what they want isn't it - to see the real you?
    I know it's easy for me to say this after the fact, but I had been winding myself up for weeks about this, I think when you want something so much that you build it up in your head into epic proportions. I was worried about my lesson, the tests, the team task, the interview, there wasn't really a part of it that I wasn't worried about.....and none of it was as painful as I had expected!!
    If you chill a little about it all you will come across much better, I just wish I had known before hand, thankfully the real me came out on the day (instead of the nervous wreck that hadn't had any sleep - I think adrenaline kicks in and you just do what needs doing) and they've offered me a place conditional on the TDA funding decisions.
    Best of luck, if you're nervous I think that shows that you want it desperately, just harness that and show them how passionate you are about becoming a teacher.

3. Thank you Stacey1004, some very sound advice. I will listen to that asd much as my head will allow. I have just done a dry run of my presentation and feel a little less panicked now.
    Congratulations, I bet that is a huge weight of your mind.
    Fingers and Toes crossed.
    Vamkam