1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tips for Job interview

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by mattisgeraldine, Dec 18, 2015.

1. mattisgeraldine

mattisgeraldine New commenter

Hi TheoGriff,
    Can you please share some job interview tips for example, good questions to ask. I know it is broad but if you can please give me 5 top tips from a Former Headteacher view? Thank you. Kindest regards,

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo there @mattisgeraldine .

I am going to answer you on the Jobseekers Forum, where this is more appropriate.

See you there!

Best wishes

3. RameShrang

RameShrang New commenter

Hi to all,

I am an nationally qualified Postgraduate Diploma holder in the Journalism and Digital Media with First Degree from a Nationally Recognized University in India, however, as I'm about take a plunge into a different career move one that requires me to begin teaching at some levels and continue to be a teacher forever, I kindly request people in this forum to help me to apply for jobs in the UK and Europe wide for my Academic interests and Academic peers with whom I have established contacts are all, all across the globe with more are from the UK and the EU. It will be great if am able to get jobs in the UK where it seems there are many, but I'm not sure whether an international applicant will be given a chance or be encouraged for that matter

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo @RameShrang .

Before you consider applying for a post as a teacher in the United Kingdon, I need to know more about you. So here are some questions:

1.. Are you a citizen of the European Union?

2. If not, do you have the right to reside and work in the UK?

3. Are you a trained and qualified teacher?

4. How many years' experience of teaching do you have post-qualification?

5. Which National Curriculum subject are you qualified to teach?

When I have these answers, i may be able to give a better answer.

Best wishes

5. RameShrang

RameShrang New commenter

Hell there TheoGriff,
    1. No, I'm not an EU citizen.

2. No, I Don't have a "natural right" to reside in the UK, but a 'work' precisely is what I'm looking for!

3. No, I'm about to take a plunge into the teaching jobs, however, as my long-term life and career interests and aspirations rests in the England, I should have by this time been lot quicker on this, meanwhile, the delicate situation is this, all my Academically sound in having accomplished and achieved higher and something globally visible are in the academic teaching jobs, however, I need to help myself before proposing something to them to help me later in the future, therefore, I'm not a trained or qualified teacher in this sense!

4. I think answer to point number 3 is clear for the point number 4.

5. Language, Communication & Soft skills, Digital skills, Using Technology in Education, Information Literacy skills.

Thanks for the response and reply.

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Then I am afraid that I have bad news for you.

Without EU Citizenship, or the Right to Reside and Work in the UK, nor being a trained and qualified teacher, you would not be considered for a post teaching in the UK.

I am sorry to disappoint you.

Best wishes in looking for an appropriate post elsewhere.

7. RameShrang

RameShrang New commenter

Oh no, not disappointed, but thanks again for the response and reply.