1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tips for gaining co-operation from a new starter.

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by graleystives, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Many thanks for your responses. A great help.

2. Can you try make it a fun activity the child wants to do...'who can put the most bricks in the box?'.
    Praise the others 'I really like how x is working hard to put the toys away to make sure our class is tidy and safe' sometimes provokes a competitive element and hopefully your child wants to be praised.
    I would also stand my ground too, ' the toys in the construction area need to be tidied away before you can come and listen to the story' and then stick to it, your ta can stay in position to help keep child in zone they need to tidy and ensure it is done before they can join you on the carpet. Can be hard work at the start but worth it in the long run, with behavioural children it helps to keep them feel safe that your rules and boundaries are consistent so it's not being horrible to them.