1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Timing of Controlled Speaking Assessment

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by cremeegg, Jun 7, 2011.

1. cremeegg

cremeegg New commenter

Dear Joe and all
    Please help. Our school does the GCSE two years early, so I have been doing controlled assessments with years 8 and 9 (they come out with poor results, but that's another story). Anyway I'm supposed to do one with year 7 this term, but I don't think that OCR would allow this. It wouldn't be a practice, it would be the real thing. It's sort of like doing one in year 9 if we weren't doing the GCSE early, but I think it's a bit worse because year 7 is really, really young.
    Is this allowable for OCR?

Thank you!

2. cremeegg

cremeegg New commenter

Dear Joe and all
    Please help. Our school does the GCSE two years early, so I have been doing controlled assessments with years 8 and 9 (they come out with poor results, but that's another story). Anyway I'm supposed to do one with year 7 this term, but I don't think that OCR would allow this. It wouldn't be a practice, it would be the real thing. It's sort of like doing one in year 9 if we weren't doing the GCSE early, but I think it's a bit worse because year 7 is really, really young.
    Is this allowable for OCR?

Thank you!

3. ambi

ambi New commenter

Technically you could do the GCSE at any time - in the past I have entered Year 7 pupils for GCSE (ones who have returned from living in Spain). However I think you will have to be careful about when they are actually doing the rest of the GCSE papers because it has to be all done in a certain time frame I believe. Ask your exams officer at school and they should be able to find out - or go on to OCR website and you will find a customer services phone number to phone for advice.