1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Timetabling and resourcing A level Photography

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by daisyhiller, Apr 21, 2012.

1. daisyhiller

daisyhiller New commenter

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for timetabling AS Photography over 4 lessons content/resources wise? I work in a big college where there is a lot of competition for rooms and resources so we can't have the luxury of students accessing computers, darkroom and studio facilities on a drop in, every lesson basis. This year we have 1 mac class, 1 theory/history, 1 darkroom/studio and one classroom lesson in which students mount and annotate work, usually in sketchbooks. With students increasingly interested in digital photography I'm feeling that 2 computer based classes might be needed.

I'd just be interested to hear how the subject is delivered and resourced in other centres and schools.

2. daisyhiller

daisyhiller New commenter

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for timetabling AS Photography over 4 lessons content/resources wise? I work in a big college where there is a lot of competition for rooms and resources so we can't have the luxury of students accessing computers, darkroom and studio facilities on a drop in, every lesson basis. This year we have 1 mac class, 1 theory/history, 1 darkroom/studio and one classroom lesson in which students mount and annotate work, usually in sketchbooks. With students increasingly interested in digital photography I'm feeling that 2 computer based classes might be needed.

I'd just be interested to hear how the subject is delivered and resourced in other centres and schools.