1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Timescales USA

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by bee12399, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Hi.

I applied for a USA teaching post and was contacted a day later to say they wanted to interview me. They asked for me to confirm I was still interested in the post which I did. I also asked what the format would be for the interview process. I have yet to have a reply either answering my question or regrading the actual interview. How long should I wait befor I get in contact again? I'm starting to sweat!

2. Hi.

I applied for a USA teaching post and was contacted a day later to say they wanted to interview me. They asked for me to confirm I was still interested in the post which I did. I also asked what the format would be for the interview process. I have yet to have a reply either answering my question or regrading the actual interview. How long should I wait befor I get in contact again? I'm starting to sweat!

3. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

Depends, is this a public, private or charter school? What part of the country is it? If a public school then the size of the school system comes into play. A big-city school system has multiple layers of red tape. I would suggest an email if it has been over a week since hearing from them.

4. Many thanks, this is an international private school.

5. Whereabouts is the school in the USA? I would recommend shooting them a quick email if you haven't heard anything back - if they are keen on you anyway this shouldn't do any harm as long as you word it appropriately!

6. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

I'm in the US now. What part of the country is the school in?

7. I dropped them an email thank you and the interview is Thursday- now I have to worry about the actual interview!

The school is Mid west.

8. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

If it's the school in Indianna, I have heard great things about it. I used to live in Chicago and it had a wonderful reputation.

9. Busstopjen

Busstopjen New commenter

Hi bee,

If it's Indy, PM me, we should chat!