1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Times tables with very LA Y6 children

Discussion in 'Primary' started by roddywoomble, Dec 1, 2015.

1. roddywoomble

roddywoomble New commenter

Hello,

I'm doing Y6 boosters with children who are WAY below where they should be. I'm going to do my best to get them to learn their times tables, but I have children who don't confidently know their 2, 3, 4 and 5 times tables in the group (as well as the other ones, too). I want a way to get them to learn them in school, although I will also expect them to practise at home, as I know I don't have long and an insane amount to cover! I'm using the following booklet and reward/certificates (as well as sweets) as an incentive:

https://www.primarytreasurechest.com/mathematics-ks2/numbers.html

This has worked well for me in the past, but I want some activities and games for the children to help them to progress - they all need to work independently or in small groups whilst I assess one at a time for their times tables awards, once a week. I have very successfully used the following resource to help children learn spellings in the past:

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/fun-spelling-activities-3009158

I want to do some similar games/activities that children can just get on with, but for their tables. Does anyone know anywhere that has something suitable, to save me making from scratch? I want a range of games and activities so they won't get bored and stay motivated. Hope it's out there somewhere or looks like another huge job for me!

Thanks in advance!!

2. teacup71

teacup71 Occasional commenter

There is a resource on this site. Time tables heroes.

3. mrsminniemouse

mrsminniemouse New commenter

4. star9

star9 New commenter

5. garem

garem New commenter

Our children like using the iPad app 10 minutes a day times tables by Dorling Kindersley. It is progressive and each 'race' is timed. The children love trying to beat their previous times. The app is free with no in app purchases popping up all the time.