1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Times tables precious stones

Discussion in 'Primary' started by krazy-kate, Oct 27, 2015.

1. krazy-kate

krazy-kate New commenter

Has anyone heard of the times tables "scheme" where children complete various timed sheets to work their way through different award levels - diamond, sapphire etc? I am trying to find any info on this. Thanks.

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

3. krazy-kate

krazy-kate New commenter

Thanks but it's neither of those. I am trying to find info on this one specific scheme that school uses.

4. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

When I googled there were many others you will have to search.

5. krazy-kate

krazy-kate New commenter

I did google thanks - but can't find the scheme being used in school. I have plenty of times tables activities that I can use but need to follow what is happening in school, which is why I posted as thought perhaps it is a well-known scheme and somebody might have heard of it. Then I could have got ahead by reading up what is involved.

6. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

It may well be that someone at your school adapted or even created this one so it may not be anywhere else. I've seen a few which are all very similar to each other as schools have adapted them.

7. krazy-kate

krazy-kate New commenter

Actually, I am under the impression that they have purchased it, as it is only a recent thing, but thanks anyway.

8. MannyDog

MannyDog New commenter

My school uses a scheme like this designed in house - it takes a fair bit of administration I have to say (all run by SLT)... it runs school wide and children carry their current level of attainment from year to year.