1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Times table week

Discussion in 'Primary' started by talulabell, Mar 22, 2016.

1. talulabell

talulabell New commenter

I just wondered if people had any engaging ideas for activities, games, art, practical maths for learning or applying times tables suitable for Year 6 please.

2. Studyzonetv

Studyzonetv Occasional commenter

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2016
  3. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

when does the next World Maths day event take place? The best event I ever had for getting children up for mental maths

4. missied

missied New commenter

Tarsia puzzles - download for you to make or challenge the children to make their own and then race against the clock to complete.

5. Landofla

Landofla Established commenter

I like www.myimaths.com

I've also been using some one-minute mental maths tests

6. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Thank you for the reference to Tarsia Puzzles. Never known I could make them myself before.
    Going to be fabulous for both my year 3 and year 8 maths groups.
    :)

7. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

Art?

Sign up for Times Table Rockstars - 3 minute tests, 50 questions, at the start of every lesson. That will then give you at least 30 minutes to teach something else.

Or as they are Year 6 jump straight in with a blank times table square - 12 X 12 - 144 questions in 10 minutes. For the more able the challenge is to get them all right in as quick a time as possible.

8. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

We do tables squares every week with year 3 upwards. Easy to make and differentiate. My classes currently have a 10x8 square, so 80 questions and have about 5 mins to do as many as they can.
    We don't, any more, have 1, 2, 5, 10 x tables on the regular square as they aren't something most children need to work on. A few have them, but almost all have decimals too.