1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Times Table Challenge Game

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by dexterwilliams, Mar 20, 2012.

1. I've just uploaded (to the Teaching Resources) a quick game
    that came from a discussion in the ICT forum, but I thought it might
    actually be a fun activity either on a whiteboard or if you're in a
    computer room.
    Just challenge the students to get all 42 sums from the 10 times table
    which are generated at random. The winner could be the fastest time or least wrong guesses... or both.

Enjoy :)

2. I've just uploaded (to the Teaching Resources) a quick game
    that came from a discussion in the ICT forum, but I thought it might
    actually be a fun activity either on a whiteboard or if you're in a
    computer room.
    Just challenge the students to get all 42 sums from the 10 times table
    which are generated at random. The winner could be the fastest time or least wrong guesses... or both.

Enjoy :)

3. I like that - thanks for sharing.
    2 things ... firstly, do you have a non-flash version as it would be a nice little thing to use on iPads? I know that's asking a lot, so I'm guessing the answer is no.
    Secondly, I saw your timer file on your profile page. Do you have that available as a flash file/object as it would be quite nice to embed in some of my SMART Notebook files (I use a countdown quite a lot, but a new one would be nice .. especially with the sound effects).
    Am I being really cheeky with those questions?

4. Hi MasterMaths,
    1 - Unfortunately I don't have a non-flash version as it was just a quick exercise for proof of concept. I can send you the ActionScript code if you want to translate it into another language though!
    2 - I have just updated the Timer resource with the SWF and 4 MP3 files that will need to be downloaded into the same folder to work.
    Have fun!

5. ... Just click on my name and look at the resources [​IMG]

6. Excellent! Will have a play around with that soon! I'm only just managing to teach myself some basic VBA so I think I'll stay away from the ActionScript code as I'm not a programmer and will get all confused!