1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Timer animations in powerpoint

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Janey447, Apr 9, 2012.

1. I present most lessons as Powerpoints with class tasks on slides. I really want to be able to make the tasks time bonded without having to keep checking the clock whilst walking round assessing learning etc. I have found many different Powerpoint timers but they all need to be inserted as slides and I want to be able to keep my main slide up with instructions, information etc whilst the timer runs. Does anyone know of where I can get a (free) timer that runs as an animation within a slide??

Many thanks

Jane

2. Have you tried adding what you need as a separate flash resource within the slide. Adding flash resources is fairly straight forward, but I have not tried adding them as an animation. Writing this on an iPad at the moment so can't check it out. Pm me if you need info on adding flash to ppt.

3. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

It is fairly straight-forward to create basic timers using custom animations (and timing)
    Some very good examples are shown here in this presentation, which you should be able to adapt
    Custom Timers for PowerPoint