1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Time saving tips?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by 02teach, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Christopher  Curtis

Christopher Curtis Occasional commenter

audacity,

[p] Thank you. Let?s see if it works. [/p]

[p] Other sites let me post wiht0ut removing my paragraphs. Why does this one need special symbols? [/p]

2. Christopher  Curtis

Oh, well, thanks for trying.

3. Christopher  Curtis

audacity,

I?ll try again. Let?s see if it works with a re-interpretation of your post.

Still, I ask, ?Other sites let me post without removing my paragraphs. Why does this one need special symbols??

4. I totally understand how you feel! I'm in a similar position and some times feel like I'm drowning. So far I've tried:
    Using really good SOW from this website.
    Focusing on one or two lesson objectives and ENSURING that the children are actually doing more work, than I am. Loads of short activities for them to do and feed back on. That way there is far less pressure on me to provide the 'teacher-talk'.
    Self assessment and peer assessment using www and ebi.
    So far, I feel a little less stressed but it's early days yet.

5. WD

WD New commenter

Get superstickers.com (or similar company) to sell you some marking stampers. They will also make some up with your most common phrases on. This saves time.
    Also mark after each lesson as much as you can so it doesn't build up.
    And all the peer marking advice from other post.
    Also if you have too much to mark convert lessons to display work/role play/whatever so that no more marking is generated. if youa re lucky you can mark while the kids do their displays.
    All the good or outstanding teachers I know also mark while the kids are working in their lessons.
    Wander round with a 'good work' stamp while you teach and stamp books as kids work.

6. Try this free online time-saving report-writer (with OOOPS! DETECTIVE)...
    See TES resource here:
    https://www.tes.co.uk/ResourceDetail.aspx?storyCode=6204573
    Manages your statements, auto-replaces names, his/hers, she/he,
    etc plus has a handy option to make drop-down lists for
    achievement levels, project names etc to include in
    your statements. You end up doing less final report editing and so make fewer mistakes. It's
    free, easy to use and works online. Useful for project-work and homework assessments too.