1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

time limit between GTP and NQT year

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by kleinyvonne, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Hello
    I am a GTP trainee and I am looking for a job. It seems to be quite difficult for me to find a job as I can only offer German and a bit of PE. I was just wondering how much time there can be between the GTP and the start of the NQT year or if there isn't a time limit at all?
    Thank you for your help
    Yvonne

2. Hello
    I am a GTP trainee and I am looking for a job. It seems to be quite difficult for me to find a job as I can only offer German and a bit of PE. I was just wondering how much time there can be between the GTP and the start of the NQT year or if there isn't a time limit at all?
    Thank you for your help
    Yvonne

3. There is no time limit between gaining QTS and starting induction. Clearly the sooner the better, but as you will understand the job situation does vary from area to sea and subject to subject.

There is a time limit on how much daily supply work you can do. It is sixteen calendar months from the first day that you do supply work. Once that time is activated, it carries on running regardless of whether you do one day or 100 days or more of supply. James