1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Time for a clear out!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Jun 7, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Ok...I admit it.....not only do I buy too many clothes and shoes [​IMG], but I also hoard them. I do not subscribe to the 'one in one out' system of wardrobe mamangement. Now, whilst shoes always fit, clothes do not and I have loads of clothes too small for me now and some...YAY!!!....too big.
    I'm lucky to have a dressing room of sorts at Belle Towers but it is in a state of...well...shabbiness. Shoe boxes are neatly piled, and sorted by brands, down the right wall, but many shoes are not returned to the boxes and scattered around.
    Most of my clothes are hung up, but many are in heaps on the 'floordrobe'.
    Today I am not working and am going to tackle this situation.
    I hope I shall finish the job, rather than the usual 20 minutes of good work then 'sod it'.
    I am quite happy to accept it gives me a good excuse not to go to the gym, but at least it will be some form of exercise in itself.
    Now, any bets on how much I actually will get rid of (and no, the tiny black Armani dress I last fitted into in 2001 is not going!) ?
    [​IMG]

2. BelleDuJour

Ok...I admit it.....not only do I buy too many clothes and shoes [​IMG], but I also hoard them. I do not subscribe to the 'one in one out' system of wardrobe mamangement. Now, whilst shoes always fit, clothes do not and I have loads of clothes too small for me now and some...YAY!!!....too big.
    I'm lucky to have a dressing room of sorts at Belle Towers but it is in a state of...well...shabbiness. Shoe boxes are neatly piled, and sorted by brands, down the right wall, but many shoes are not returned to the boxes and scattered around.
    Most of my clothes are hung up, but many are in heaps on the 'floordrobe'.
    Today I am not working and am going to tackle this situation.
    I hope I shall finish the job, rather than the usual 20 minutes of good work then 'sod it'.
    I am quite happy to accept it gives me a good excuse not to go to the gym, but at least it will be some form of exercise in itself.
    Now, any bets on how much I actually will get rid of (and no, the tiny black Armani dress I last fitted into in 2001 is not going!) ?
    [​IMG]

3. MayKasahara

MayKasahara New commenter

If you sell the things you've cleared out on Ebay you'll be able to fund more purchases, guilt free!

4. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

If you don't give regular progress updates the fire service will be called to ensure you are not buried beneath a fallen tower of dresses...

5. BelleDuJour

I have stopped for a tea break. Some progress is being made and sales on ebay are being planned. I am ditching two lovely Issa dresses (same brand as Kate wore for her engagement pics....must have seen me in them first!) and a gorgeous Coast silk evening gown. Also a few cheap'ncheerfuls are biting the dust. Oh, and two lovely beaded Aftershock' halter necktops, a navy suede skirt (unworn) a chamois suede skirt (bespoke and also unworn) and a very sexy Gorgeous Couture dress.
    Any offers? [​IMG]

6. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

For you or the garments?[​IMG]
    i am a good critic of whether things look good on a person or not.i have along histroy of being asked 'does this suit me' being asked of me.Any help?

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I'm intrigued by this . . . . .can you describe?

8. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

I bet oldie would have a pair of your knickers if you let him! [​IMG] Pref still warm.

9. BelleDuJour

Dip dyed purpl/magenta silk chiffon, strapless, draped front, size 12. labels still on! Beautiful dress but no-where to wear it [​IMG]

10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

dont be silly w hy would i want to wear womans knickers!
    Its purely a lust thing.as belle knows.
    Its good that a woman knows she is seen as desirable LOL

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

It sounds lovely Belle, but I can't do strapless dresses. Why don't you just wear in and around the house for some decadent fun?

12. I love this term. I have a floordrobe. It gets far far more use than the wardrobe

13. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Dammit, this is just the sort of task I love, Belle!
    I had a right good clearout of clothes, books, CDs and other gubbins a few weeks ago and boy did it feel good. I was so virtuous that I also tackled the mending pile (dropped hems, holey pockets etc), cleaned all the shoes and bought proper wooden hangers.
    Better be careful I don't choke myself when the halo slips... [​IMG]

14. Good on you, Belle and Manashee (Why do I think of Ladyboy when I see your name??) I am still procrastinating ... Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow!

15. BelleDuJour

love it!!! [​IMG]

16. I, on the other hand, have a flawed robe and am too embarrassed to send my stuff to the charity shop, let alone EBay!! I take a black sack to Sue Ryder and emphasise that the contents are for rags, not resale. (I even wash the stuff in case they have a root through!) Still haven't gone through my things ... perhaps tomorrow ...

17. BelleDuJour

Hmmm........well I did eventually grind to a halt yesterday as expected, but did make good progress! I shall start again in a mo. I've found an embarrassing number of items with the labels still on (aka 'unworn') so it's a bit like getting an entire new wardrobe!

18. BelleDuJour

Ermmm. yes and no. Faye said they were from M&S so I got a black pair, couldn't find the orange ones. Then some weeks later Faye called me to say they were from Wallis, not M&S (I'd never get confused, I know where all my clothes/shoes come from and even what country!). I tried Wallis but they'd sold out of the orange ones [​IMG].
    However, all is not lost on the shoe front as I bought a fabbo pair of killer heel sandals in taupe suede whilst abroad last week, and a gorgeous pair of mega jewelled silver wedge flip flop things in a little shop I know. I just wish I'd bought them in blue, gold, cerise, purple and turquoise too! [​IMG]
    I am so norty!

19. BelleDuJour

RESULT!!!
    Previously thought of as lost/misplaced/lent I have now rediscovered 2 Louis Vuitton handbags, one Gucci bag, one Ralph Lauren bag and a gorgeous Lulu Guiness bag I was looking for onyl the other day (but clearly not in the right place!)
    Happy bunny [​IMG]

20. Argh, handbag envy. I only really have cheap handbags (and tend to use one till it falls apart) but I like the sound of those :(