1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

time fillers for end of term

Discussion in 'Primary' started by moonshine79, Jul 12, 2008.

1. moonshine79

moonshine79 New commenter

Hi, i'm sure this has been asked many times before, but does anyone know of any nice end of term activities for a Year 4 class (or could refer me to a link already on this subject?) thank you!

2. moonshine79

Hi, i'm sure this has been asked many times before, but does anyone know of any nice end of term activities for a Year 4 class (or could refer me to a link already on this subject?) thank you!

3. Hi, I'm looking for ideas too! My class are year 3 and I'm going to do an end of year 'passport' sort of thing that they can take to the new teacher - what they've liked about year 3, what they want to achieve in year 4 etc, haven't found a plan for it yet though! Mine are also begging for an end of year party as I am also leaving the school but not sure about what to do in it, I've got no kids and it was years since I went to a kids party! I've got them a small present each so can give them away as 'prizes' so everyone has one but I'm not sure how to - pass the parcel didn't go down well last time! Any ideas?!

4. Lots of disco type music and musical bumps/statues?
    Make tallest tower with (dried)spaghetti and marshmallows? Make tallest flagpole/giraffe with newspaper and masking tape? Scavenger hunt:ten items on list/fill a matchbox with tiny things?Pass the parcel with forfeits? What's my line with props?
    Can they make the party food/drinks? ie. non-alcoholic cocktails, make sandwiches/indiviual pizzas if you feel brave (breaddough rolled into circle, tomato paste, chopped veg and grates cheese)
    Mine are smaller so these may not be appropriate.

5. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

6. Thanks Thelma, theres a few ideas on there that i think my kids will love, just need some music now!

Captain Oats, after much searching I've found this link to use for the passport. I've adapted it to my year group but think it covers most things I wanted, just hope it works for you!

https://www.tes.co.uk/Resources/Resource.aspx?page=Resourc...

7. moonshine79

I actually meant like 'hidden pictures' for Maths etc....anyone?

8. Oh, ok. Have a look oon Primary Resources, I've found quite a few over the year for my LA child but he's working at year 1 level so not sure what there is for year 4. I found them under Numeracy - calculations - addition and subtraction (but I guess there may be more under multiplication etc)

9. moonshine79

thanks, i've seen them...they're a little too easy....oh well :-(

10. myrtle

myrtle Occasional commenter

We did the jelly towers last week, my class were very inventive if a little messy and thoroughly delighted in making marshmallow glue...

11. Did a fab activity today with a mixed year 3/4 class - those that were left after the choir members went off to practise end of year production.

We had a building suppliers - A4 paper cost 20p, 10cm sticky tape cost 10p and paper clips were 10p each. Each group had to build a free standing bridge, 30 cm across, to hold a car (quite heavy matchbox police car) for 5 seconds. Each group were given a budget of £5 and were only allowed to spend half of it to start with. They had to give themselves a group name and decide what they wanted to buy first - then off we went. Some groups were struggling so, half way through, I had a buy one get 3 free sale!

I think I got the original idea from primary resources or somewhere, but it worked really well and certainly engaged the boys!

x

12. look at the post "fun end of term maths activities"

13. This is the second time I've read a threa with a harsh reply to your idea gorgeous51. Fair enough if someone doesn't want to do it but why go to the effort of posting a negative comment?

14. ? butterfly16 - am I missing something?

15. gorgeous51 put up a detailed post and I'm assuming post 11 was a reply to that. I'd just been reading other threads on similar subject and she posted the same idea and the reply was 'I lost the will to live during that last one'. Maybe it's just me but I think that's really rude! And we tell the children to be nice to each other!

16. Thank you! this has just saved my afternoon![​IMG]