1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TIME ALLOCATION

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Andy68, Nov 25, 2011.

1. I am sorry to use this Forum to gain some ammunition to throw at my SMT - but we have just heard that as part of our budget cuts - oh, the cuts, the cuts ..... "first they cut us, then they stitch us up!" - as part of our cuts, they are taking subject delievery time down.
    AS from 5hrs p.w. to 4.5 and A2 from 5hrs p.w. to 4 hours p.w.
    I am just hoping others out there can give me an idea of what their time allocation is for A levels (and whether you are a school or a tech/sixth form centre.
    Thank you in advance for any ammunition you can help me with.

2. DM

DM New commenter

4.5 hours per week if there are 12 or more in a class. Time is reduced for smaller classes.

3. 4.5 hours both as and a2. Lucky if we have less than 25 in each class. Humanities essay based subject. Marking burden horrendous. 100 essays a week

4. May well be, but..... ?

5. Ok - I'm one of the lucky ones - 5 hours for both AS and A2 in two blocks of two and a half hours....

6. 4.5 hours here for AS and A2. AS is good as its in blocks of doubles and triples, A2 is in singles which is much trickier.

7. encava

encava New commenter

We get 4 hours a week for both AS and A2 - pants!

8. 4.5 hours a week each for AS and A2 which is the same as all subjects at my school.