1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tidying up the classroom!

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by shurst7, May 2, 2012.

1. Does anyone have any ideas to structure tidying a messy classroom after painting and making lots of mess! Any orderly fun activities???

2. Does anyone have any ideas to structure tidying a messy classroom after painting and making lots of mess! Any orderly fun activities???

3. i have them work in table teams - each table has a leader who allocates jobs and manages team, first table to do the job properly get rewards with leader getting something extra. i also put music on sometimes - mission impossible theme or something.

4. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

Give each student a number 1-5, and project a list of 1-5 specific jobs on the screen, so each student knows what they are in charge of.
    (eg. for painting... Student 1. Load your table's work onto drying rack, 2. Collect and clean brushes, 3. Wash palettes, 4. Empty water jars and wipe down tables, 5. Throw away any rubbish and return any remaining equipment.)
    Also use this timer where you can select different theme tunes. http://classtools.net/education-games-php/timer

5. Excellent idea! Thank you!!

6. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

I play the Mission Impossible theme and they have to be tidied up and standing by their desk before it finishes....

7. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

And they use empty plastic bowls to collect water pots in- really speeds things up.

8. At the start of the year/term I give each pupil a colour, these relate to jobs (washing up/ hanging up work etc) then they rotate around the colours so they do a different job each week. It works well as you know who to blame for jobs not done and reward for good work plus they have a different role each lesson.