1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tidy up music..

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by helenfw, Feb 16, 2011.

1. For ages we have used a site I found on here which plays music of different lenths and as it plays the countdown changes colour so children know how long they have left top tidy up.
    It was great and the children are fantastic at tidying - but today when I clicked on it, its gone!! I'm gutted and so are the children!
    Does anyone know of any other sites that have tidy up music and a visual timer? The music needs to be a good 5 mins long?
    Thank you

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

If the site you mean is Classtools I used it this morning. I just tried to get it up now though, at home, and it's gone - very strange.

3. I used to use the balloon timer from fiery ideas a lot (one hiding in the freebies section) - even been known to amuse year 6 kids that one! (when they're not pretending they're too cool for everything)

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

It worked for me at school this morning, perhaps it was a temporary blip.

5. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Can't get it at home now though!

6. Have just posted a Marbles Timer on resources. (under Classroom Management/Whole School). You can edit it and add music.
    My children love counting the marbles as they go into the jar and tidy up very quickly when I use it!

7. Has anyone got this working yet? I can now get the page up but whenever you click on a song it just says loading? Anyone else having this problem?

8. I use this...'.Clean up' from Simple songs One, a cd you can buy online and download. I have it on repeat until the job is done!
    Go to www.supersimplesongs.com

Some of the tracks are a little tooooooo American but it is good value for those that you will use. The lullaby medley is superb for quiet times/ nap time.

9. For Nursery children I have used Barney's clean up song. It grinds at you after a while but the children do clean up really fast. For older children I usually set a count down clock on the IWB [​IMG]

10. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I can't get Classtools to work any more it just says 'loading' for ages then there's no sound. I've given up on it - pity because I used it for tidying up but also put calm music on in the morning before registration and parents took this as their cue to leave.

11. I know of one school that use the Big Cook Little Cook tidy up song... runs the very real risk of getting wedged into your brain and catching yourself singing it going around Tesco.

12. I've found this too. Does anyone know why it isnt working anymore or any other sites I can get countdowns on? I used it for tidying up, fruit time and getting changed for P.E. We also enjoyed counting down as a class once the timer had got to 10, 9 etc. Real shame its gone...my children now think that they don't have to tidy up as quick now theres no timer!! [​IMG]