1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tidy house -Unreasonable?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Thomw1994, Oct 30, 2018.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

What is in the tenancy agreement - can you ask her to leave? That would save you the problem of finding somewhere new but would probably lose you your friend. If you moved out you might salvage something of your relationship. You certainly don't need to put up with it any longer. if she said she would try to improve, it probably wouldn't last long so it's probably time to bring it to an end sooner rather than later. I think neither of you are really suited to sharing but my sympathies lie with you.

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Maleficent would say that of our daughter. I'm too frightened to comment.

3. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

She's not going to change. She probably doesn't even notice the mess. If you can't kick her out, go and get somewhere on your own.
    A cleaner will charge for time spent picking up. Unless he/she's coming every day, housemate will turn it into a tip as soon as your back is turned. It would drive me mad. I'm surprised you haven't picked up every bit of her mess and put it in her bed.

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

My daughter is unbelievably messy - at University my wife and I were always shocked at the total chaos that her room always was and now she's back living (temporarily) with us he hasn't changed.

I once found 12 (yes 12) dirty cups in her room and she leaves her food containers lying around for days slash weeks before she does anything about it.

...and yet she is the consummate professional at work - doing the job she was born to do - she has been promoted twice in just over a year and on Friday has a good chance of getting what would be her dream job in the location she wants to be in.

If she gets it she will have to move out !

Dyathinkhesaurus likes this.
  5. aypi

aypi Established commenter

You are not buying enough bottles of wine.
    I had a housemate who would do speed on a Saturday night, put Neil Young on at 12.00am at 10 on the volume scale, and when he crashed out at 5am the CD would stick.
    I would get up switch the player off. Call him an fing b to his face.
    Realise he was quite cute sleeping in the chair snoring. Go through and eat the prawns that he had cooked at the start of the evening.
    Have a few beers when he emerged on Sunday.