1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tidal´s Farewell

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TheoGriff, Jan 26, 2020.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Tidal Service.PNG .

Many people wished to attend this, few were able to get there. We were all grateful to those Tessers who managed to travel long distances across the country to represent all those who remembered Tidal so very fondly. @HelenREMfan and Serendipity were both there, there may have been others.

Helen posted a link to the farewell documents; I couldn´t make it work for me. Possibly this one will work for others as it does for me.

http://bit.do/TidalFarewell

On the other hand, it may not work either. :( So I will at least attach the Order of Service.

EDIT Taken me ages. Tidal would have laughed at my incompetence . . .

Best wishes

2. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I definitely intend to go back to Cotherstone. It really was a beautiful village and I could sit on the bench overlooking that river and stay for ages. I will look at my google account and see if I can put the video of the river there. Sorry @TheoGriff that the link didn't work for you... maybe because you are outside of the UK ?

TheoGriff and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  3. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Thank you for posting.

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I keep running through my head all these things to write...

And they seem paltry.

Thank you for posting this Theo.

5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Thank you Theo. So moving.

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

So wonderful to read the details of what happened at that Celebration service for those of us living too far away to attend. Makes us feel we have in some small part been part of that.

So many lovely little details, such as the paper from his books for the boats, which were s' 'tidal / Adrian. :)

sparklepig2002 and TheoGriff like this.
  7. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Serendipity is a name from the past. `How are they, Helen?
    Thank you for going on our behalf and me, for one, is so pleased the event went well .x

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  8. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Thank you.

9. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

The family and everyone there made me very welcome. You know how useless I am at names and as such Serendipity didn't make herself known to me.... however on speaking with someone...they did tell me they had helped Tidal when it was those Korean attacks on the TES....
    So I think someone who knew him up there had a TES nick and unless they wish to reveal that I am not going to speculate.
    It was a lovely, touching send off and by all means ask me here or in pm should anyone wish to know anything.

10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

if I am correct Serendipity was an outspoken member of the forums. Last heard getting married and disappeared from the forum. She probably would be a capable helper in such attacks you describe and I remember the attacks on the forum. I used to speak to her on email but she disappeared, to live happily in married life I assume. Others might know better.:p

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  11. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

She's fine and doing very well!