1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tibet

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Aug 9, 2020.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

2. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

As the Chinese turn temples into pig sties and force nuns and monks to worship photos of President Xi... Who will stop the torturers of Beijing wiping Tibet from the face of the Earth?

Good question. I wish there was a good answer.

3. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

I have to chip in and recommend the work of Heinrich Harrer as a back story to this news article. "Seven Years In Tibet". Forget the film, this book is incredible in its insights into Tibet. Sorry if you are not a reader, I just had to recommend it. Complete involvement in a beautiful and serene culture of the deepest and most transferable values. (other opinions available etc etc)
    It puts the current obliteration into a far more ominous perspective. So genuinely sad.

Also worth noting that the essence of the news story is not new. It is not news that the Chinese have stripped back and purged Tibet of so much. It has been going on for decades.
    What is new is that more are now suddenly prepared to vilify the Chinese, and so the story is of interest.

Tricky standpoint.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020