1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tia Maria...cheaper own brand?!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Supernova_Scotia, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Just watched someone making their own on youtube. It didn't look exactly difficult but I think I would only try it out with small quantities at first. Might be ok for making a tiramisu or to pour over ice cream.

2. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

£12 in sainsburys at the mo

3. Our local offie used to do Black Russian- a 'tia maria' and vodka mix, which was much cheaper. Stopped selling it, but can be found online so it still exists.
    http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/liqueurs/unbranded-f-d-black-russian-70cl-bottle.asp Having said that, now seems pretty expensive, whereas it used to be cheap alternative.

4. the apprentice

the apprentice New commenter

Been to Tesco today and have bought a bottle of their own brand Tia Maria....not sure about making my own but may have a look!! My OH likes white russian, which is the same as black but made with cream. Will see what the cheap Tesco stuff is like and also visit Sainsburys to buy the bottle on offer..is it the litre bottle? l doubt it, the best bet may be the one in Tesco will it is on offer. Thanks for all your suggestions.

5. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

oh in the shop it looked like the ltr bottle but on line it says the 70cl one. (also 2 for £22)

looks like teso offer is better!