1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thumbnails for Resources

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by biscuitcrumbs, Feb 20, 2016.

1. biscuitcrumbs

biscuitcrumbs New commenter

Hi

How do I change the thumbnails for my resources? Some of my newer resources have HTML text as the thumbnail, not ideal!

Ta

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Hmmm. I've used a lot of resources over the years - loo rolls, sticky-back plastic, cotton reels, pasta, paper, card, yoghurt pots and that sort of stuff.

But never thumbnails.

3. Alice K

Alice K Occasional commenter

I usually add in several jpg files to allow teachers to peruse the resources offered more comprehensively.

Charleei likes this.
  4. biscuitcrumbs

biscuitcrumbs New commenter

I mean the default image that shows up for my resource, what determines this?

5. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

It is the first file you upload. I always upload a jpg or png as my first file when uploading resources.

6. katehatherell

katehatherell New commenter

Yes, Charleei is correct. The first uploaded image is the one that is shown on the first thumbnail. However this was not always the case and for some of the resources that I uploaded in the early days, I've had to go in, delete them and re-upload them to make sure that the thumbnail I want to show is always at the top.

7. mastes

mastes New commenter