1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Throwing a bone to Eureka

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

All he needs: encouragement.

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  3. Vince_Ulam

4. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Oh dear.
    I'll stick to that comment.

5. Vince_Ulam

6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

But is it right?

7. Vince_Ulam

No, but then neither is he.

8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Wouldn't tossing a grenade work quicker? Would be a blast! ;)

9. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

I thought personal attacks were verboten on NuTES?

kibosh likes this.
  10. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

kibosh likes this.
  11. inky

inky Lead commenter

Eury is one of the most amusing and infuriating posters on TES. He knock spots off most of his detractors.

kibosh and Eureka! like this.
  12. Vince_Ulam

That period was withering.

racroesus likes this.
  13. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

Why are you bothered?
    Contrary to opinion it's not your house or your furniture.
    Like the rest of us, you are a merely another visitor

kibosh likes this.
  14. Vince_Ulam

To answer that question fully I need to know whether 9th June 2015 was, in fact, your first registration on these fora. Here are the your possible responses and their consequence:

1. If so then you've yet to wade through thread after thread of certain people promoting unconventional stimulants in conjunction with educational woo-woo that would make Rudolf Steiner blanch, so your question is an expression of naiveté and I am under no obligation to justify myself to you.
    2. If not then you've seen enough to know better, so you're pretending to naiveté and I am no obligation to justify myself to you.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  15. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Cheers Inky! I have a fine spot collection. I keep them in a tin!

As for heutagogy - new word - good concept. Don't like andragogy though. Pedagogy has usurped it surely?

16. Vince_Ulam

Andragogy, practically, consists of recommended materials, lectures, tutorials, assignments and assessments The subject is what matters. Students are assumed not to require motivation and in this it's not very different from what pedagogy was in previous decades. These days pedagogy is less about subject and more about motivating children at any cost, even at the expense of the subject itself.

17. yfel_endwerce

No you don't.
    In the light of the post I quoted, all you really need to know is that I have read Education News with interest since it was created and have noted that you have a tendency to believe that you should have a say in what is or is not posted on that forum
    Eureka's posting history is likewise irrelevant

kibosh likes this.
  18. Vince_Ulam

Too late.

If you are seriously suggesting that I am the only member who has expressed a view on the structure and content of these fora then you'll need to explain the existence of all the threads and posts promoting a new Opinion. Have you not posted in any of those threads?

If Eureka's posting history is irrelevant then so too is mine. Now, feel free to post on the topic in the OP because you aren't going to make any progress from your current position.

19. yfel_endwerce

No such suggestion was made
    But if you insist on whining about your reverses on another forum then you should be prepared to accept or at least expect counter-arguments.

It was not I that introduced the thread from elsewhere.
    Perhaps you too should stick to the subject in future? ;)

kibosh likes this.
  20. Vince_Ulam

Then you can have no issue with me expressing views on the structure and content of these fora because I'm certainly not alone in doing this.

'Reverses'? Something lost in translation here.

I'll let you know when you get close to one.

If I could work out what you are talking about then I'd give you an appropriate reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.