1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by Spice0012, Oct 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Spice0012

Spice0012 New commenter

Hi all,
    There's probably been thousands of threads on this subject but having worked in a school for a number of years that didn't have upper pay scale and suddenly does I think I'm interesting in applying having been on M6 for over 7 years!
    We've been given very little advice just to prepare a folder? Therefore any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

2. Trendy Art

Trendy Art Star commenter

You need to ask for the pay policy at the school. This should tell you what the process is and any evidence that is required.

Nowadays most schools use the performance management process to review if objectives have been met. A discussion with your line manager should take place to ask them what the expectations are as they should know from the SLT/head.

3. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

I am amazed that your school has been able to retain experienced staff if they have not had an upper pay scale. I would not have been prepared to stay if I had been stuck on M6 for years without the possibility of going onto UPS. Indeed, it was not that long ago that STPCD laid down requirementts for exacly how movement onto UPS should happen, so LA schools would have to follow them and could not avoid paying UPS. Was your school not on STPCD at some point over that 'number of years'

The above advice is good. However, you might want to have a chat with your union about whether they can take the loss of UPS in the past further.