1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by nearly qualified, May 1, 2012.

1. Hi
    Can anyone help me in this?
    Am I due to apply for threshold this year? I quallified in 2007 and got my first teaching post September 2007, so I am in my 5th year of teachiing now. Should I be applying for threshold this year or is it next year? And what time of year do you need to apply by?
    Many thanks
    x

2. Hi
    Can anyone help me in this?
    Am I due to apply for threshold this year? I quallified in 2007 and got my first teaching post September 2007, so I am in my 5th year of teachiing now. Should I be applying for threshold this year or is it next year? And what time of year do you need to apply by?
    Many thanks
    x

3. When I did mine I applied in my 6th year but had to use evidence from both my 5th and 6th year performance management to get through it. So I would at least start collecting evidence this year that cover the strands as well as your performance mangement because you can only use PM evidence. Hope that makes sense

4. At my school we have been told that from september there is a whole new performance
    man structure. Apparently the government are bringing in performance related pay. So you
    can only apply for UPS now if your outstanding.

5. Thanks.
    Well thats slightly worrying, I have never had above a good so don;t think there will be much chance for me then! Where have they got this from? Im going to google it. thanks x

6. Its from the new teaching standards.