1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by Kimmy85, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Kimmy85

Kimmy85 New commenter

Hi,
    I am sure there have been plenty of topics on this.
    I am going to be on M5 in september, i am also going to be doing HOD as a maternity cover.
    I would like to start a file and evidence for threshold. Do you think this would be wise?
    I work in an academy and they havent been overly supportive of people going through threshold, prefering to get them on managemement.

Any advice very welcome
    Thanks

2. Kimmy85

Kimmy85 New commenter

Hi,
    I am sure there have been plenty of topics on this.
    I am going to be on M5 in september, i am also going to be doing HOD as a maternity cover.
    I would like to start a file and evidence for threshold. Do you think this would be wise?
    I work in an academy and they havent been overly supportive of people going through threshold, prefering to get them on managemement.

Any advice very welcome
    Thanks

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

It depends whether you are covered by the STPCD or not, either way ask your PM reviewer/line manager/head what the procedure is and see what they say - if they tell you to collect evidence and you are indeed covered by the STPCD, you will know you are going to have a struggle as they are already putting obstacles in your way.

4. Kimmy85

Kimmy85 New commenter

Sorry but what is the STPCD?

Kim

5. Kimmy85

Kimmy85 New commenter

As far as i am aware we are covered by the conditions yes.
    What i am asking is if i am doing the HOD as maternity leave can i use evidence from this year (M5) towards my post-threshold application?

Kim