1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

threshold???

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fizz_gig, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Please can someone tell me how I go about getting this.
    My head has said I should go for it but no more advice.

Thanks
    x

2. I've just handed my form in so I'll tell you as much as I know :)
    Firstly, you have to currently be on Main pay scale 6, if you aren't then you can't apply.
    Assuming you are, then this is where I found the forms and guidance: http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/careers/payandpensions/performancethreshold/b0077089/threshold-assessment-201011-round-11

There are 2 forms. If you have had performance management meetings then you use the second form described as 'Threshold form for teachers in England who have been subject to the 2006 Performance Management Regulations.'
    The form is pretty short but you do need to submit your most recent performance reviews with it.

If you haven't had any performance reviews then you use the first form and have to provide relevant evidence. I don't know very much about this one as I did the first option.

I hope this helps :)

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

If you have been at your school in the last 2 years and haven't had a proper PM and your line manager wasn't in a coma or the school didn't burn down or you weren't teaching abroad or in some crappy private institution ie if there was no good reason for you not to have had PM, then you were subject to the 2006 regulations and your school has broken them by failing to ensure the PM cycle was completed.
    If this is at all the case you could mention it to your head and ask if it will really be necessary to go through all that tedious form filling - if the school can take a relaxed attitude to PM, the same can apply to your Threshold progression.

4. Cheers guys
    Yep - I've had PM meetings - although not too sure where my review sheets are?

Did it take long to fill in?
    Is it just a case of a quick fill in and pass to head. I go on maternity leave this summer so would be good to get it all sorted.

5. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

It isn't short and you shouldn't have to do it. Just let your head know
    in writing (keep a copy) you wish to be considered based on your PM
    reviews and let them sort it out with your reviewer. If the school doesn't have copies, they are at fault.

6. ooh, really? So just ask to be put forward and let them sort it? That sounds too good to be true!