1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold round 11- HELP! Speedy replies appreciated please!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pjbarber1947, Jul 6, 2011.

1. pjbarber1947

pjbarber1947 New commenter

There are two of us completing them at the moment at our school and one of us has filled out the long one and the other the short one. Our perf manager doesn't know and my head told me to bring in my portfolio of evidence!!!!!!!
    I'm sure 'subject to performance management regs' must mean that we've been having performance management reviews... The other form must be for those who work casually, supply etc and so therefore don't have annual reviews...?

2. Who decides if you are elligible? Is it the head teacher? When does the form have to be completed by?

3. Sorry to jump in here, but... does this mean that if I have NOT had a performance management...two years running... then when I come to threshold (still a few years off) then I will encounter problems??
    And if so can you 'make up' extra performance managements by having more than one in a year?!

4. As I understand it, the criteria to pass through threshold has been considered and therefore dealt with in the performance management reviews that you have presumably taken part in. I seem to remember there is a phrase somewhere, along the lines of, 'You may not submit any other form of evidence'. I took that as gospel and only submitted two perf managements and passed the threshold.
    Do not allow anyone to persuade you to submit a portfolio too.
    The longer form is for those people who have been unable to complete two perfomance managements (I don't think two in a year count unfortunately!)

5. I'm really interested in this one. I am hoping to move to UPS1 in September having been on M6 for a while.
    I have been at my current school for 2 years but in that time not had any performance management. I mentioned to the asst head that I was hoping for UPS in Sept but as I hadn't had perf management for 2 years I felt that I shouldn't be penalised for the head's mistakes. It was made to seem that it would all go through more or less on the nod. Have you asked your SMT for advice? If in doubt I'd check with your union.