1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold questions

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Litsplint, May 18, 2020.

1. Litsplint

Litsplint New commenter

I have two questions...

1. I successfully passed threshold before taking a career break to have children. I have recently returned and have been put on m6 due to my time out, which seemed reasonable at the time, but after initially saying that I would not have to do threshold again, it seems now I do, is this right? Any advice?

2. Following question 1, I was teaching part time for approximately 3 months before coronavirus hit, and am expected to put my threshold application in at the end of this term. I have been told that my evidence must all pertain to the current school. Also I have been told that I cannot be disadvantaged by lockdown, so how does that work in practice? Thanks, I am awaiting a response from my union, but wondered if anyone else was doing threshold this term?

2. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

In answer to Q1, there is no national thing as "threshold" any more. Schools can lay out their own pay policies and make their own decisions. They COULD have only offered you M1 rather than M6.
    So yes, if they are saying then you do have to apply again, then yes you will have to

3. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

I would suggest that you read two things. STPCD, which specifies the criteria, in quite vague terms, on how to move onto the UPR. Second, your school's pay policy, which should give more detail. It seems reasonable that your school wants recent evidence, so you need to discover exactly what evidence they are asking for, One of the two criteria in STPCD refers to your wider contribution, and that is the likely sticking point.

Yes. It used to mean that once you had passed though threshold, there was no way back. Now that this is no longer the case, the word is not really appropriate.