1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold Question

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by redwillow, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I applied on 28th October this year to go through threshold. I have heard nothing from my head teacher despite several e-mailed requests. What should I do now?

I have asked for copies of my performance reviews although I am pretty sure there is no paperwork. My targets were scribbled on a piece of scrap paper by the Head...........How can I be assessed? If I am declined...how can I prove I have met the standards without them?

If I am approved does my pay get back dated to September?

Thank you for your help.

2. I applied on 28th October this year to go through threshold. I have heard nothing from my head teacher despite several e-mailed requests. What should I do now?

I have asked for copies of my performance reviews although I am pretty sure there is no paperwork. My targets were scribbled on a piece of scrap paper by the Head...........How can I be assessed? If I am declined...how can I prove I have met the standards without them?

If I am approved does my pay get back dated to September?

Thank you for your help.

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Assuming you are on M6 you will be able to go through the Threshoold Sept 1st 2012, no backdating is available nowadays.
    Your head first has to be satisfied you meet the core standards - hard for them to deny unless it was raised in Performance Management.
    your letter of application should have made reference to your 2 successful PM reviews - if asked, tell the head to use the school copies of the review statements as evidence that you meet the P standards. If you have to appeal it would be fairly embarrassing for the head to explain the school has no paperwork and therefore had no evidence on which to base a denial of progression....

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Sorry, I realsied I was reading you wrong and went to the STPCD myself, edited the post and TES/Firefox combined to dump me on the cyberisland.
    If you were on M6 last year, then you met the deadline for applications, in which case you would be eligible for backdating to September 1st. Keep the pressure up on your head, refer to the STPCD where necessary, contact your union for support.

5. Thank you so much Becktonboy. Feels like an early Christmas present!