1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

threshold payments

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Piranha, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

My understanding is that it can't be backdated, and you shouldn't get it until September 2011. See the other Threshold thread. I don't know if your school is allowed to break this rule if your various reasons for not applying are seen as valid.

2. I didn't think i would get it until september, but my head said that she would action it straight off so is just paperwork for hr to action?

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I would think so, the STPCD is uncharacteristically clear about no backdating.

4. The no backdating means if that you were entitled to apply in, say 2009, but didn't until 2010, once you did apply you wouldn't be paid the 'missed' year of entitlements. At one time, you were, so if you applied a year after you were actually entitled to and were successful, you had the equivalent of a lovely tax rebate. Now it has changed: if you apply late, you don't get any of the missed out on money.

5. I don't even know if what I wrote makes sense to anyone.