1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold for the Second Time

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by DiscoBec, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Two years ago I went through threshold for the first time. Just wondered if I can apply to go through for a second time now, or does it just happen automatically?

2. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

Automatically be considered for UP2, and put through as long as your PM reviews show you are meeting the relevant standards. This may not be the same as saying you passed the reviews. However, you probably should be given UP2.

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

agree Piranha but would add that if the school is not assessing suitability for progression in PM they are failing in their responsibility and this woulld be a powerful argument in any pay appeal.

4. I trust you are looking at this with wide open eyes and with a clear understanding of the expectations of UPS teachers under the new Standards.

5. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Do you mean that you failed to pass Threshold the first time and now want to try again or do you mean that you passed from M6 to UPS1 and now want to progress on the Upper pay Spine?