1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold - backdated from September 2010? HELP!

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by winkie9, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Hi there,

I have been eligible for threshold since Sept 2010. I am going to apply asap. Can someone please advise on how to go about doing this (I believe a letter will now suffice - but what should it say?), and whether it will be backdated since I have been eligible since September? Many thanks

Sorry if this has appeared many times before- I am new to site and haven't got hours to read through all forums! Thans again

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Do you mean that you moved onto M6 in September 2010 and thus could apply for Threshold in this school year? If so, you would move to UPS1 as of 1st Sept 2011 if successful, with arrears to 1st Sept 2011 if the decision is not taken until the end of October (by which date Governors and Head have to set the budget).
    As for how to apply ... there is no longer a laborious application form for contracted teachers (used now only by supply teachers ).

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

You should only have to submit a short letter applying to be considered for passing Threshold. However, you should ask your Head what is required in case your school has a simple application form to be filled in.
    The decision should be based on your last 2 Performance Management reviews demonstrating that you have met the 10Post Threshold standards (were the standards used when setting your PM targets?)

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

to add to jubilee's response, there is no longer any provision for backdating under your circumstances, assuming you were eligible for progression last September having been on M6 the previous academic year.

5. Thanks for all responses. I had been eligible for UP1 since September 2010, having been on M6 since September 2009. I am now kicking myself!