1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold Applications

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by MathJ, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Hi,

I've been reading into the threshold application system and I'm a little confused - hoping someone can help! I will be going onto M6 in September this year. Do I need to apply to go through threshold this year or wait until next academic year? (after I've completed a year on M6) If I do it this year, do I do it before the end of the PM cycle, or afterwards?
    Also, I'm planning on moving schools at the end of this academic year, what happens to my threshold application in that case? Do I need to apply to my new school, or will my current school's approval automatically put me onto the UPS in my new school?
    Help!

2. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

If I've understood your 'timings' correctly then...
    Sept 2011 make sure you have a successful PM Review for 2010-11
    By July 2012 make sure your (successful) PM review 2011-12 is done before you leave your current school
    Sept 2010 apply for threshold to your new head making clear you have 2 successful PM reviews. (They may have their own system for doing this so ask)

3. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Backdated to Sept from which you are eligible
    I

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

No! Apply for Threshold in the 2011/12 school year for moving to UPS1 as of 1/9/2012.
    They actually extend the year to October in case your PM review is not due until September but I'd see if your 2009/10 and 2010/11 PM Reviews cover the Post Threshold Standards.

5. So I apply after my PM review 2010-11 is signed off? Hopefully these two should cover the standards. If I move schools does the new school need to contact my old school for confirmation that I've met the threshold standards?