1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold application woes!

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by clergue, Aug 17, 2009.

1. I have spent the past three weeks looking at a blank threshold document and fretting about what to put in and what not to put into it. Before the holidays, the senior management team at my school declined to offer me any advice on how to fill it in and whether or not they wanted evidence or what kind would suffice. I am in a bind and am moping about the place unable to finish it. Cna anybody out there in UPS land help me? Does anyone have an old threshold application that gives me an idea on how to fill it in? All the sections seem very similar and I don't want to be repeating myself. I have lookied at the tesfaq and got the barest idea. If you can send me anything to point me in the right direction, I would be forever grateful.

2. I have spent the past three weeks looking at a blank threshold document and fretting about what to put in and what not to put into it. Before the holidays, the senior management team at my school declined to offer me any advice on how to fill it in and whether or not they wanted evidence or what kind would suffice. I am in a bind and am moping about the place unable to finish it. Cna anybody out there in UPS land help me? Does anyone have an old threshold application that gives me an idea on how to fill it in? All the sections seem very similar and I don't want to be repeating myself. I have lookied at the tesfaq and got the barest idea. If you can send me anything to point me in the right direction, I would be forever grateful.

3. Dodros

Dodros Established commenter

I passed Threshold during the first round and I've posted my application form and evidence index from that time on my website for anybody to read. The last time I responded to a plea for help with the latest Theshold round I posted the web address of these two documents, but the original poster and every other Threshold applicant just ignored my contribution, so what I had to offer may have appeared obsolete to them. I received no feedback, so I have no idea.
    If you are still interested in reading my original completed Threshold application form from 2001, let me know and I will be happy to post the web address where I have placed the form and the supporting evidence.

4. That would be excellent. I am aware that the form itself has changed since round 1 but any help is greatly appreciated. It just seems to repeat itself and I feel that SMT at my school are hoping I'll *** it up and then they can say that I didn't fill out the form correctly. Thanks again, my e-mail is citizenship@hotmail.co.uk

5. Dodros

You have mail, Clergue.

6. Thanks very much. Very useful indeed.

7. Hi there dodros. I've just posted on my subject thread, about threshold. Should have done it ages ago, but like the op don't know where to begin. Have told line manager I wish to go for it first thing in Sept.
    Any advice you could give me would be much appreciated.
    angelfacere@hotmail.co.uk
    Many thanks in advance
    [​IMG]

8. HI I am another person who has looked at the application about 50 times and so far managed only to fill in my name!!! Would love to have a look at yours if that is possible. Email helen-1980@hotmail.co.uk

Many Thanks

9. Dodros

You have mail, Angelface.

10. speakers

speakers New commenter

Angelface,
    You do know the deadline for handing in the completed form is the 31st August if you want to be considered for UPS 1 in September? They may be within their rights to say that you didnt apply in time if you hand it in in September.
    Speakers

11. Hi there
    i would be grateful if i could view your application, there zero support at work on where to start.
    Email stencil_art@ntlworld.com
    regards
    Bernard

12. Dodros

helenthompson, belatedly, and footsoldier, you both have mail.

13. Hello,
    if u don't mind can I also have a copy please.
    My email is shahsnehau@yahoo.com
    Thanks in advance

14. Dodros

You have mail.

15. Hi there, seems as if noone is finding this form easy.
    Could I also have a look at your form, it wold be greatly appreciated.

Natasha23995@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

16. Dodros

Diegosmom, you have mail.

17. Hi.

Please could you mail me as well. My email is yasmena@myself.com.
    Thank you so much.
    x

18. Hi

Please could you mail me your form as well.
    Many Thanks
    yasmena@myself.com

19. Dodros

Message sent.

20. Hello, I too would love to see a completed form so it would be great if you could send me yours.
    sharon_keeling@hotmail.com Thankyou