1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold Application Letters - Examples?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Berkshire_ICT, May 26, 2011.

1. That was rather unhelpful.

All I am wanting to know (as are some of my other colleagues who are approaching threshold) is whether I need to attach a letter of application as well as the form that is on the website and if so how much detail I need to put in it.
    I am quite capable of writing to my HT however I am unsure if I need to or how much detail I need to include since threshold is now on performance management.
    Gilly

2. strawbs

strawbs Occasional commenter

Remember there is no "application form" as such.
    The one detailed here:
    http://www.education.gov.uk/b0077089/threshold-assessment-201011-round-11
    is not statutory.
    If you wish to write a letter; then this should suffice:
    "Dear Head, I wish to be considered for crossing the threshold on to the Upper Pay Spine. I confirm I meet the criteria for eligibility.
    Yours, ..."

3. Hi,
    you used to be able to get them off of Teacher Net but the Government have scaped it sorry! ;(

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

It clearly saysThis form is for teachers in England who are NOT subject to the 2006 Performance Management (PM) Regulations and
    teachers in Wales.
    </font>
    The form has been kept for use by people like me who work at multiple schools on supply.
    Those subject to PM Reviews do not use the old application form. They either write a letter of application with a simple statement requesting progression through Threshold or they fill in any pro-forma that their school uses.
    Do not spend hours, days or weeks labouring over the old form if you don't have to!
    Threshold applications for most teachers are now more stream-lined.

5. Piranha

Piranha Lead commenter

Are you referring to the link I posted, Jubilee? I just checked it and it says:
    "NB. This format should ONLY be used by teachers in England who have been subject to the 2006 Performance Management (PM) Regulations for the 2 year period preceding the date of their request for assessment. A separate form is available for those teachers in England not covered by the 2006 PM Regulations and for teachers in Wales."
    This form is short and tells the Head what to do. It is not the same as the old form you mention. Of course, you don't have to use it; I like it because it makes the rules clear and doesn't take long to fill in.

6. I'm glad someone flagged this up. I was just looking at the round 9 form and remember writing and giving appendices for each threshold attributes.
    I am applying for up2 this year. Which form would i use? Sorry if it is a repeat question.

7. Piranha

Piranha Lead commenter

You don't apply; as soon as you are eligible (after 2 years on U1) your should be assessed based on your performance reviews. A gentle reminder to the Head may be appropriate if they have 'forgotten' the rules.