1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold and Pay.

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by boycee80, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    Would really appreciate some help... I am going through threshold at the moment and was wondering will my pay increase with the pay freeze that is due to hit us! Some teachers are saying that i will still have the pay increse, but of 2010 upper pay scale 1. Is this true???

Thanks in advance.

2. henriette

henriette New commenter

3. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

The amounts paid for each pay grade in Sept 2011 will be the same amounts paid for those grades in Sept 2010. You will still get a pay increase iof you pass Threshold as you'll go from m6 to UPS1. If you don't pass Threshold, your gross pay will remain the same as it has been since 1st Sept 2010.

4. Thank you.

5. I am wondering the same thing as have just passed the threshold stamdards.
    I am moving onto U1 from M6 in september 2011 and wondering how much that will equate to each month as a pay rise?
    Any infomration would be greatfully appreciated! [​IMG]

6. coppull

coppull New commenter

Look at the pay scales at the top of this Forum.Take M6 away from UPS1.This will leave you with the Gross Salary increase for next year and divide by 12 for your monthly payment.This is before any deductions for tax,national insurance and pension contributions.

7. Hi, I would really like some help. I have been on M6 and would like to move on to UPS 1. When I discussed this with my head teacher he said as I didn't start working at the school until Feb 2010 and from Sept 2010 I had been doing a little bit of supply teaching but not much, I would not be able to pass threshd until sept 2012. Any ideas if this is correct? Could I pass threshold from Feb?
    Thank for your help!

8. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

you can go through the Threshold at any time of year but the pay increase only applies from September 1st of the next year. Since Threshold is now based on 2 successful PM reviews (and they are usually timed to enable pay decisions to be made at the end of Summer term or in the first 2 months of the year in which they apply (the only situation in which backdating is now possible) I actually think your head is being very reasonable - he's a keeper!

9. I have got two successful PM reviews from my previous school. So thought I would be able to move up this year. I was wondering about the gap in employment and whether not working for 5 months would mean that I needed to wait until the following year, even though I did PM at the school this year. As far as I can work out I will need to wait until next year. Thanks.