1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold and a new school

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by teardrop28, May 21, 2011.

1. I have been teaching for 6 years and have just accepted a new job at a different school for September. I would be due to pass through threshold and wondered how this works when changing schools. Can anyone give any advice? On the letter I have recieved from the school it states that I will be on M6 - is this just to begin with until I get passed through threshold?
    Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated :)

2. You will need to make sure that your PM is signed off by the school you're currently working at before the end of the year so you can take the paperwork to your next school. You usually apply for threshold at the end of your PM cycle (which is october in lots of schools as it allows the exam results data to be analysed with reference to things like FFT). I submitted my threshold paperwork (2 successful cycles of PM + the form) in the october and I got my first UPS1 payment along with backpay in my january pay packet.
    Hope this helps

3. Thank you - that is useful to know