1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threshold - am I being blind?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by gypsy_007, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Hi all, I wondered whether any of you could help. Im keen to start the ball rolling with my threshold application for September, before I go on maternity leave soon.. BUT, i can't find the forms anywhere! My school insists theyre on teachernet, but I can't find anything current.. does anyone know where i can find the information?
    Many thanks
    gypsy_007

2. Hi all, I wondered whether any of you could help. Im keen to start the ball rolling with my threshold application for September, before I go on maternity leave soon.. BUT, i can't find the forms anywhere! My school insists theyre on teachernet, but I can't find anything current.. does anyone know where i can find the information?
    Many thanks
    gypsy_007

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/docbank/index.cfm?id=14153 <<Is that what you wanted?

4. so close! but i think I have to do round 11 for 2010-11...maybe it's just not up yet.. Thanks so much for trying though.

5. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Given that this page:
    http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/management/payandperformance/threshold/
    gives the round 10 information and there is an "archived" section (1-9) I assume that the round 11 forms are not up yet :)

6. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

There is no form to fil in now, just a simple notification is required, a sample letter is on teachernet I think.
    Check www.tesfaq.co.uk >Threshold

7. Its because we have a new rubbish government that round 11 is not out yet! Lets hope they keep threshold!

8. Excuse me for my ignorance but what will happen to our progression if the government scrap threshold? Would M6 be the llimit unless awarded a TLR?

9. bettieblu

bettieblu New commenter

Is this seriously likely? I am struggling as it is with no inflation payrise just moving up the MPS, where on earth is the incentive for people to stay in teaching? Remember the number of SLT are likely to be cut so less people in TLR posts as well... Its not looking good!

10. you are right unfortunately... its not looking good! threshold might go under the new government and so might some of our jobs!!! if you are not in a union i suggest you join one!!! its going to be a rough time ahead!! remember who to vote for next time!!!

11. I've just been on the NUT website and they recommend using the existing document on teachernet just change dates and round number. Hope this helps.