1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

threshold 2011

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by strawbs, Jul 13, 2011.

1. strawbs

strawbs Occasional commenter

does your head seriously not know????????

2. no, but neither do i, it says on the guidance to send it by october 31st but doesn't say where to!

3. tomjones79

tomjones79 New commenter

You don't send it anywhere. You can give it to the head, who then has to make a recommendation on people eligible for progression to governors by 31st October. How on earth, can someone be appointed as a Head and not know this.

4. Piranha

Piranha Lead commenter

In the guidance, point 1.6, it says"Teachers are responsible for requesting an assessment and they must submit a request in writing to the headteacher at the school where they are employed to teach." Seems clear to me.

5. I've done this. I am not a complete idiot. The simple answer to my question would have been that the head needs to notify the governing body then the LA and the forms don't need to be sent anywhere.
    This used to be a place for advice and support from other people sharing similar trials and tribulations without being made to feel small and inadequate.
    Time must have changed.
    thank for your help everybody.

6. thankyou

7. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Josie - From what I've read people were more critical of the fact your head teacher didn't know and wasn't able to tell you this.....

8. Piranha

Piranha Lead commenter

Sorry, I thought that you hadn't been able to find the bit in the guidance that told you where to send the form, so quoting it would help. If you find that makes you feel small and inadequate I can only apologise; I honestly thought you didn't know. Perhaps I should have appreciated that you wanted somebody to tell you what the Head should do with it. I would say that it is the Head's job to know that, and it is extraordinary if he/she doesn't know already. I agree with DaisyLot.