1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Three Little Pigs

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by DiscoBec, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Hi all, my school is due to be inspected by Estyn on Feb 20th for three days and I'm due to do a Creative Development lesson which they might observe. My theme will be The Three Little Pigs and I'd like to do a creative movement/music lesson based on it. Does anyone have any ideas for a lesson plan for a Reception/Year 1 class? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

2. Well for retelling the story in song I would highly recommend Eric Litwin's rock version of the three little pigs. Every class I have done it with loves it. Available on iTunes and amazon. If u need help with activities search' 3 little pigs' on the forums I remember I contributed to one a couple of years ago but I promise they will respond to Eric!!! Pm if u need anything eve

3. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

"3 Singing Pigs" also has some easy singing and music activities based on 3 Little Pigs.

4. doctorinthetardis

doctorinthetardis New commenter

Hey, the Silly Symphony of the 3 Little Pigs on Youtube would be great!! Really musical,my kids love watching it, then you could create sounds using musical instruments for each of the animals, act it out ...lots of fun!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olo923T2HQ4

5. Thanks all. I'm adapting all of your ideas into what a hope will be a great lesson. Much appreciated!