1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Threats from a pupil- what would you do?

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by casper, Mar 12, 2011.

1. casper

casper New commenter

Ok, pupil that is behaving badly around school. Swearing at staff- noting happens. Disrupted my lesson so I went throught the on-call system as he would not allow me to speak. Spent is time winding up other pupils.Taken on call. is mate who was also doing this threw a major violent tantrum aadn kicked files outside the classroom bending them. They are then allowed to go to lunch and the next lesson. Oh , yes they were given lollipops for being good. So as you can imagine, I am not impressed, so I ask what is happening. Told oh you will have to talk to this person that person,,,,
    Next day while walking from tutor time to my next lesson I was approached by one of the pupils who said he would harrass me until I give up teaching. He has already hounded a member of staff around a local shopping centre. He went to lessons for the whole day. I rang his mother, who I have spoken to before and told her about this verbal trheat and she said she did not belive me and ended the conversation.The other member of staff has written a statement adn has handed this in.All of this was logged via the correct procedure.- What would you do?

2. Tom_Bennett

Tom_Bennett Occasional commenter

I'll second that. If a kid said that to me, my first stop would be the line management office to inform them that I would be taking it further myself, and then to the police if I wasn't satisfied. This is a threat to your person, of harassment. That's what coppers are for, and it's why we don't have to endure the mealy-mouthed responses of wet kippers who should be looking after our well-being.
    Good luck.
    http://behaviourguru.blogspot.com/

3. casper

casper New commenter

Thank you Tom.

4. I would be worth speaking to school to check you your Police support officer is (all schools should have one). They will beable to advise you and in my school talk to student about criminal behaviour. This is a good place to start.

5. casper

casper New commenter

Thank you, I havehad issues today with this boy putting things about me on Facebook.Other pupils informed me. School have apparently phoned his mum.

6. Some years ago I was threatened by a teenager I taught at school. I told my HOD that I was going to the police after I received a note from him containing a threat.I was strongly discouraged from going by my HOD but went anyway. I just went to the nearest police station and showed them the note at the counter.
    He was intervied at home by two police officers and eventually admitted what he'd done.
    He was given a formal police warning and was told to write a letter of apology to me.
    I hope this helps.

7. Where do we stand if a pupil cat calls us in the street? I had a recent run in with a pupil from a school I used to work at. Said pupil called out "Mr H ya paedo."