1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thread on Secondary re resources sold

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by mathsmutt, Jul 10, 2016.

1. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Have you seen this

2. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

3. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

How on earth do you police something like this?
    I've had resource descriptions copied but as far as I'm aware, not resources. It's extremely frustrating and I'd imagine, very difficult to prevent.
    I'd be interested to see how TES respond.

mathsmutt likes this.
  4. kevinjwelsh

kevinjwelsh New commenter

Like this:
    Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your response.

We unfortunately only have jurisdiction over resources held on our site. If you want to report a resource or resources in particular that you have found on our site, we would be happy to take a look as per our takedown policy https://www.tes.com/us/takedown-policy

Kind regards,

XXXXXXXX
    TES Resource Team

5. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

6. redlamp2

redlamp2 Occasional commenter

TES have issued an official response for all matters related to copyright infringement:

[​IMG]

kevinjwelsh and wanet like this.
  7. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

*** are usually really good if you report things like this but finding it is the difficult part

CurriculumForAutism likes this.
  8. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

One action like this by an unscrupulous author should be enough to have his/her profile immediately suspended. Piggybacking the work of others for profit is theft - pure and simple - and could be reported to police in theory. The TES team need to take immediate action when this behaviour becomes apparent and any money made should be given to the appropriate author. This worries me a bit. What's to stop anyone from setting up a profile, finding free resources online (or paid for) and then selling them under their own name? TES must have this joker's bank details!?!

9. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

kevinjwelsh, mathsmutt and wanet like this.
  10. Teaching_Tricks

Teaching_Tricks Occasional commenter

Make that over 550 resources now...

11. CurriculumForAutism

12. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

So many of this person's resources are from other sources it is disgusting! It gives a bad name to the people who work hard and produce their own high quality resources to sell. GRRRRRRR

13. Teaching_Tricks

That they are.... I have browsed my subject area and recognise a number... thankfully none of mine...

Although things from my DropBox and Twitter feed have turned up without my name and others taking accreditation!

14. Alice K

Alice K Occasional commenter

Around 2 years ago,I stumbled upon a resource that had undoubtedly been made by me several years ago. It had been one of my most popular primary literacy resources and had been reviewed positively many times. It was a free resource and whoever had uploaded it as their own was also offering it freely. However, I was the original author and the dates of the upload showed that. I have been a member of TES since 2008 and have uploaded many free resources over the years. I reported the matter to TES and they took action very quickly, I am not usually 'precious' about my resources and often share them with colleagues and friends but I resent someone taking credit for my work.
    I continue to offer freely, both on this site and others, anything that I feel will benefit the learners, Nevertheless, I feel that all of my paid resources are priced extremely keenly and represent many hours of my free time ensuring that they have breadth and depth and are of a standard that I am personally proud of. Good luck to all of the authors who endeavour to offer quality resources at a very reasonable price.

mrajlong, Charleei and mathsmutt like this.
  15. CurriculumForAutism

This seller's store is no longer on ***- it appears they've been closed down.

16. Teaching_Tricks

I wonder if they will refund the monies or try to reclaim them from that seller?

17. StartEducation

StartEducation New commenter

Sadly there are cheats in every walk of life. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that some people abuse the system. I think a straight forward ban would help though.

18. kevinjwelsh

kevinjwelsh New commenter

This is good news.