1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts please......

Discussion in 'Music' started by julieh533, Apr 1, 2012.

1. I have my first interview in 14yrs very soon!!!!
    I have to teach a 20 minute lesson to yr8's on rhythm and pitch using vocal resources. Any ideas? Need to be inspiring and vibrant!
    Thanks in advance

2. I have my first interview in 14yrs very soon!!!!
    I have to teach a 20 minute lesson to yr8's on rhythm and pitch using vocal resources. Any ideas? Need to be inspiring and vibrant!
    Thanks in advance

3. bod99

bod99 New commenter

Here's a gentle suggestion. Why not outline what you plan to do and ask for opinions on that? You'll probably get more positive suggestions and advice than if you just ask for someone to plan your lesson for you.

4. Bods advice is sound, however I would also add make sure your lessons has some at least one gentle learning objective. Don't spend a lot of time talking or explaining. Make the task simple and fun. Don't try to pack too much into the nlesson, 20 minutes is nothing. Remember, in 20 minutes they are not expecting the national curriculum, they are watching to see how well you interact with the children, whether you can manage them and yourself.