1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts please!

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Jodiec1984, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Hi I am currently writing an assignment as part of my Postgrad Cert in Autism and would be keen to hear your ideas and thoughts on the following title.
    <u><font size="3">Consider the practice that generally exists within special schools and comment on the additional or different skills staff might need to teach children who are on the autism spectrum.</font></u>Many thanks Jodie

2. Dodros

Dodros Senior commenter

The title leaves me wondering why the question-setter appears to be requesting an exclusive focus on "special schools" when many (most?) learners with autistic spectrum conditions/disorders are now in mainstream schools or in units attached to ordinary schools. I work in a mainstream secondary school with a sizeable minority of students with ASD, so I can offer information about such students in mainstream settings, but I have no direct experience of their education elsewhere.