1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts please on my observation lesson - first obs in different phase.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by peninhair, Jan 30, 2011.

1. I can write new dialogue for our changed characters from Little Red Riding Hood.
    Start –
    • <font size="3" face="Calibri">Refer to yesterday. Discuss todays LO.</font>
    • <font size="3" face="Calibri">When we were looking at traditional stories, what did we find they had in common?</font>
    • <font size="3" face="Calibri">Will this be the same in our new tale? Will LRRH still say &ldquo;Granny what big... you've got" in your verison? (HA HA)</font>
    • <font size="3" face="Calibri">Children with their partners give themselves a number &ndash; 1 or 2.</font>
    • <font size="3" face="Calibri">1 Granny 2 Wolf role play what they might say REMEMEBER the wolf is now good and LRRH is bad character.</font>
    • <font size="3" face="Calibri">See a finished version.</font>
    How would this look if we saw it in a comic (BA)? Play (A)? Story (AA)? - that&rsquo;s what we are going to do today.
    Do we just write a short answer? &ndash; no as much detail as possible.
    <font size="3" face="Calibri">Discuss Success Criteria</font> BA &ndash; speech bubbles &ndash; Ta
    A &ndash; playscript in pairs &ndash; talk of expectations
    AA- speech in a story &ndash; Teacher
    Plenary - it is important that when you write a story it doesn&rsquo;t just become 2 people speaking. Show 2 extracts from same scene. 1 of 2 people speaking in a way a child would write it and 1 of speech used properly.
    Any thoughts please?
    Am loathe to do a one off as we are alredy a little behind due to me being out the classroom with other stuff. I am also a firm believer in do what you do everyday but anything else to give it a bit of fizz, brain a blank today?

Thank you!

2. I can write new dialogue for our changed characters from Little Red Riding Hood.
    Start &ndash;
    • <font size="3" face="Calibri">Refer to yesterday. Discuss todays LO.</font>
    • <font size="3" face="Calibri">When we were looking at traditional stories, what did we find they had in common?</font>
    • <font size="3" face="Calibri">Will this be the same in our new tale? Will LRRH still say &ldquo;Granny what big... you've got" in your verison? (HA HA)</font>
    • <font size="3" face="Calibri">Children with their partners give themselves a number &ndash; 1 or 2.</font>
    • <font size="3" face="Calibri">1 Granny 2 Wolf role play what they might say REMEMEBER the wolf is now good and LRRH is bad character.</font>
    • <font size="3" face="Calibri">See a finished version.</font>
    How would this look if we saw it in a comic (BA)? Play (A)? Story (AA)? - that&rsquo;s what we are going to do today.
    Do we just write a short answer? &ndash; no as much detail as possible.
    <font size="3" face="Calibri">Discuss Success Criteria</font> BA &ndash; speech bubbles &ndash; Ta
    A &ndash; playscript in pairs &ndash; talk of expectations
    AA- speech in a story &ndash; Teacher
    Plenary - it is important that when you write a story it doesn&rsquo;t just become 2 people speaking. Show 2 extracts from same scene. 1 of 2 people speaking in a way a child would write it and 1 of speech used properly.
    Any thoughts please?
    Am loathe to do a one off as we are alredy a little behind due to me being out the classroom with other stuff. I am also a firm believer in do what you do everyday but anything else to give it a bit of fizz, brain a blank today?

Thank you!