1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the NPQML

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by dr_dig, Jun 27, 2016.

1. dr_dig

dr_dig New commenter

I have recently finished (and passed) the NPQML. I am an Assistant Head and to be honest it would have been great to do the course a few years ago before I bluffed and stumbled my way through managing a key stage.

I was quite dubious to start with thinking it would be a time consuming box ticking exercise but I would recommend it to anyone wanting to go into leadership. It has really broadened my understanding of my role and gave me some great practical ideas to try out. It was also useful to meet others at the same stage in their career and share challenges we all face and strategies to overcome.

I started a blog because the course recommended it really enjoyable experience. I have attached my blog posts as a PDF feel free to download and share. They are mostly ramblings but they may help someone out.

Attached Files:

2. Elzz

Elzz New commenter

Congratulations on completing and passing your NPQML!
    I am currently in the process of trying to complete my final assessment and really struggling to get going >< Any advice?

3. denice304

denice304 New commenter

Use your hand book it will help you. Good luck